'Jackie' creators illuminate Camelot's first lady,
and the end of America's happy-ever-after


“Jackie” screenwriter Noah Oppenheim’s interest in former first lady Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy began early.

“I’ve been obsessed and fascinated with her since was a little kid,” the screenwriter told TheWrap founder Sharon Waxman on Monday after a screening of Pablo Larrain‘s Oscar contender. “My mother was a huge admirer of Jackie Kennedy. When I visited my grandmother’s house when I was 6 years old, I found this box in her room of newspapers and magazines from that week in 1963 that she had saved. That launched a lifelong interest in the Kennedys and Jackie in particular.”

The Chilean director’s film, starring Natalie Portman as the first lady, explores the seven days between the assassination on Nov. 22, 1963 and the funeral for John F. Kennedy, offering a look at a fiercely private life in its most public view. ...

Read the rest at TheWrap

Image credit: 'Jackie' poster: © 2016 Fox Searchlight Pictures

Comments

Popular Posts